An operating system created for Windows computers
- Category Operating Systems
- Program license Full Version
- Version Home Premium 32 bit
- Size 2.56 GB
- Works under: Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows Vista
- Program available in English
- Program by Microsoft
Make your older computer run faster and more efficiently with a download of Windows 7 that lets you easily upgrade your operating system.
Microsoft has released multiple versions of Windows over the years and constantly tries to improve the way each OS works. Though the company later offered Windows 8, 8.1 and even 10, you may find that your older computer cannot support one of those newer versions. Windows 7 comes with some of the features you'll find on newer operating systems but will work well when installed on older devices.
Windows 7 is a strong alternative to Vista and lacks some of the common problems found with that OS. It features an upgrade adviser that will run a quick check on your system that lets you know whether it will work with your computer. You'll also have access to an easy transfer feature that is great for those who upgraded from Windows XP. It will retain copies of all your files and programs and transfer all that information over when the new OS goes into effect.
The newer OS keeps some of the features that users loved about Vista but upgrades those features to the next level. The start menu on the bottom up on the bottom left of the screen lets you quick turn your computer on and off, access your settings and restart your computer. It also kept some of the themes and backgrounds you can choose from and retained some gadgets from the previous OS.
One thing you'll notice when using this OS is that you now have better versions of classic apps like WordPad. WordPad now lets you save your notes in different formats for viewing with other software. A new version of Paint lets you create and edit your own artwork and even edit photos from your computer. It also comes with a newer version of Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer. IE 8 now lets you open and view multiple tabs without slowing down your computer and alerts you of potentially dangerous websites. With Windows Media Player, you can now listen to CDs and watch DVDs from your computer with ease.
Though Windows 7 improves on Vista, it looks too much like that old OS and comes with too many of the same features. It won't work on some computers either, and you may find that a newer version of Windows will work on your computer.
- Upgrade adviser lets you know whether you can upgrade to this version
- Easy transfer will transfer files you used in XP
- Comes with new and improved versions of your favorite apps
- Helps your computer run faster and more smoothly
- Suitable for use on many older computers that support Windows
- Too similar to the last version of Windows
- May require that you download plugins to use some features
- Does not work on all computers
- Newer versions of Windows are currently available